Friday, January 13, 2012

Grave Encounters Review

Grave Encounters Review
Grave Encounters Review

This movie follows the trend set by films such as Blair Witch Project, Cloverfield, and Paranormal Activity to name just a few. What I mean is that it's filmed in the first person view and it's supposed to be taken like a "real" documentary recorded on tape. The tag line for the movie is "They were searching for proof... they found it".

The story follows Lance Preston, the host of a show by same name as the movie title, his cameraman Matt and Sasha and his ghost expert Houston. Right away, you can tell that none of them believe in ghosts or any paranormal phenomenon. Lance is totally fake and he's desperate for any ghost encounters.

I won't tell any more because I don't want to spoil the movie. I won't lie, this movie felt like Paranormal Activity all over again, but with a touch of new elements. For example, in this movie, they lock themselves inside a building. If I had to compare this movie, I'd say that it's a mix between 1408 and Paranormal Activity with a splash of Silent Hill thrown into the mix.

Overall, I was still scared, despite finding it similar to Paranormal Activity. I give it 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment