Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Adventures of Tintin Review

The Adventures of Tintin Review
The Adventures of Tintin Review

Being a fan of Hergé's work, I decided to give this movie a chance. I even decided to see it in 3D. Since I'm used to reading his books in French, I went to see it in French. The movie itself wasn't all bad, but for any true fan of Hergé, they'll easily find the parts which weren't part of the comic book. This movie is based on 3 of Hergé's books: The Secret of the Unicorn, Red Rackam's Treasure and The Crab with the Golden Claws. Although the third one isn't really relevant since we hardly see anything from it.

What I didn't like though was the fact that Spielberg added too many scenes which weren't part of Hergé's work. And that, to me, spoiled the movie. The characters were highly exaggerated, like Haddock and his alcoholism and Tintin almost looked like a teenager!


For the parts which were part of his book, the movie was interesting, especially in 3D.

I give Spielberg's adaptation of Tintin a 6.5/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment