Thursday, January 12, 2012

Foster The People - Torches Review

Foster The People Torches Review
Foster The People - Torches Review

I can't believe that I haven't checked out this album before today. Well to be honest it was on my "to listen list", so I didn't forget about it. Now that I've listened to it, I can honestly say that I'm glad I did. These guys are something special. With bands these days, it mostly seems like they're not even trying, stealing beats here, stealing guitar riffs there. But what these guys did on this album truly feels special. Their sound is pretty unique and deserves your attention.

The album begins right away with a song called "Helena Beat" and it gives you a darn good idea of these guys are capable of. The vocals on this track remind me of some songs by the band Gorillaz.

The band already has put out 5 music videos, all in 2011!  That's pretty impressive for a band who released their album in may of 2011!

Here are their 5 music videos:

Foster The People - Helena Beat


Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks


Foster The People - Houdini


Foster The People - Call It What You Want


Foster The People - Don't Stop (Colors On The Walls)


If you enjoy the songs from these videos, then you'll like the rest of the album.

I highly recommend this album and give it a 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment