Monday, June 18, 2012

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser... Review

Fiona Apple - The Idler Wheel Is Wiser... Review

Fiona Apple is back! Her last album Extraordinary Machine was back in 2005. After my first listen, this album sounds more dark, more experimental than her previous albums. It looks as if she was given more her say for the tracks. Those of you who know Fiona know that her last album Extraordinary Machine was hold back from being released because her record label felt that her songs weren't commercial enough. Perhaps this is why she changed labels. Before, she was with Sony, and now this album is on Epic.


So enough about the technicalities, how does this album sound? Well, like I said, on my first listen, it's hard to say really. It sounds like the songs are all over the place. There's no real melody or constant rhythm. I thought that Extraordinary Machine was a tad hard to swallow. But this new one is even harder to like in my opinion.

I will give it 6/10, but only because it's Fiona. Otherwise, I would have given lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment