Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Black Keys El Camino Review

The Black Keys El Camino Review
The Black Keys El Camino Review

I won't lie. Before this album I never heard of The Black Keys. After listening to the song "Tighten Up" from their Brothers album, I decided to give this album a listen and make a review for it. The Black Keys on this album have a blues and rock feel to it. There are uptempo songs, such as the song Dead And Gone, and then there are slower songs like Little Black Submarines.

The beginning for the song Gold On The Ceiling almost reminds me of the band The XX. But as soon as the keys enter the mix, that thought is completely erased from my mind.

Then there's the song Little Black Submarines which let's be honest, sounds awfully like the song Stairway To Heaven by Led Zeppelin.

If heavy guitar riffs, hard pounding drums and suave singing is your thing, then this album's probably for you.

I give this album a good 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment