Monday, November 14, 2011

M.I.A. - Kala Review

M.I.A. Kala Review
M.I.A. - Kala Review

M.I.A. has been around since 2000, but here in America, she's only reached fame in 2005 with her first album Arular. This review is about her 2nd album Kala. Her genres on this album go from break-dance, to tribal, to house, to dance, while incorporating messages about war, politics and relationships. Some songs like "Jimmy" will make you feel like you've gone back to the 80's because of its sound. Other songs like "Bird Flu" will make you feel like you're assisting a tribe's ritual. The singles are "Bird Flu", "Jimmy" and "Boyz". The best songs on the album include "Bird Flu", "$20", and "Paper Planes".


This album may not be for everyone as sometimes it has a very personal feel to it, as you're listening to a man talk instead of M.I.A. singing. But for the songs mentioned above I give this album a 6/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment