Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I Am X - Kingdom Of Welcome Addiction Review

I Am X Kingdom Of Welcome Addiction Review
I Am X - Kingdom Of Welcome Addiction Review

I've been a fan of Sneakerpimps ever since I heard their song "spin spin sugar". Since then, Sneakerpimps have vanished into air. Who knows if they'll ever release another album. But luckily we have I Am X, who's actually a former member of Sneakerpimps, Chris Corner. This is his 3rd solo album since his departure from the Pimps. I've already reviewed his first album Kiss + Swallow before. And I must say this album is definitely a step in the right direction for him.

This album is 11 tracks long, and plays for about 48 mins. All of his other albums had tracks which seemed like filler songs, but this album in my opinion only has one weak track, the last song.

If you enjoy electronic music with banging beats, mixed with guitars, then this album could be for you. As I said, this is probably his best material yet. I haven't thoroughly listened to his latest album Volatile Times yet, but as soon as I do, you'll be able to read my critic.

I give this album a 8.5/10

If you enjoy this album, you might also like Sneakerpimps.

No comments:

Post a Comment