Saturday, January 7, 2012

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Review

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Review
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark Review

Before seeing this movie I had no idea that this was a remake of a 1973 film of the same name. The original film of '73 is said to be somewhat of a cult movie. So how does its remake measure up? Unfortunately the movie isn't so good. The acting is bad and not even Katie Holmes or Guy Pearce can help save the script. One reviewer said on the back of the dvd case "One of the Best and Scariest Horror Films of 2011". This couldn't be farther from the truth. The movie felt like it was made for kids and they added a touch of horror. The person who said it to be "One of the Scariest Horror Films of 2011" must get scared very easily and he probably didn't see Paranormal Activity. I swear that the movie was painful to watch and I wanted to stop it a good number of times. But I had to watch it until the end to write my review.


Definitely not recommended. I give this movie a 4/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment