Friday, October 28, 2011

Kelli Ali - Psychic Cat Review

Kelli Ali Psychic Cat Review
Kelli Ali - Psychic Cat Review

For those of you who know of Sneaker Pimps, you know this woman. She used to be the front vocal girl for the triphop band Sneaker Pimps. Until she was asked to leave. This is the 2nd solo album that she's released since those days. I must say I wasn't expecting this much talent. I wanted to listen to this album because I liked her voice with the Pimps. The songs on this album are very special. On this offering, she's distanced herself from triphop and went with a more electronic sound. It almost feels like she's giving her ex-band mates the finger on some songs. Samples, beats and some guitar form the major instruments. I thought the song "Home Honey I'm High" was pretty funny, inverting the words like that, instead of "Hi Honey I'm Home".



Most notable songs include "Hot Lips", "Psychic Cat", "Home Honey I'm High", "Ideal" and "Voyeur".

I give this album a 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment