Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fallout 3 For PS3 Review

PS3 Fallout3 Review
Fallout 3 For PS3 Review

Let me just start this review by saying that I've never played The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion.  So I won't be comparing the 2 games.  From what I've heard from the people who did play Elder Scrolls, this game is similar for its open world gameplay.  Even better is the fact that there are hardly any loading screens.  The storyline of this game is pretty enticing.  You've been living inside a vault after a nuclear war was declared in 2077.  The story takes place in the year 2277, 200 years after the war.  The scenery is amazing to the eyes and its open world gameplay might scare you a bit, since you are not required to follow any guidelines.  You are free to be nice to the people you meet, or not.  The choices you make will have effects though, positive or negative.

The controls are pretty easy to get used to.  What's really great is the V.A.T.S. (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System).  It slows down the game and gives you options as to where you want to shoot your enemy.  This is highly effective when you're out of health.

Now the bad part of the game.  I won't sugarcoat it, it gets buggy at times.  I've heard of people who had to completely restart the game because they were caught between rocks, walls or terrain.  I've had my PS3 freeze at times, but not enough to take me away from the game.  This game will take you hours and hours to finish it 100%.  I've already put in about 40-50 hours and have yet to finish every side missions.

With all this said, Fallout 3 isn't a perfect game.  What may have happened is that the publisher probably wanted to rush this game out, despite knowing that there were still bugs to deal with.  It's unfortunate because I'm sure that the fans would have preferred to wait a bit longer and get a better game.

Despite the bugs, I'm giving Fallout 3 a solid 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment