Friday, October 14, 2011

50/50 Review

50 50 Review
50/50 Review

Before I start this review, I'd just like to say that having been through cancer myself, I know what it's like to have to have highly dangerous chemicals run through your body (chemotherapy). When I went to see this movie, I wanted to see if the story told was realistic and if they showed things without turning it into some Hollywood show. I must admit that they did a rather good job. And whats more, they even took a very serious subject and were able to make jokes about it (not in a bad way). The movie is about Adam (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), a young adult who's never done drugs, never drinks, never smokes and one day is diagnosed with a rare type of cancer. Adam has to go through the steps of calm, acceptance, angry, and darn right sick of it all. His girlfriend Rachel (Bryce Dallas-Howard) sleeps with another man as soon as she learns about Adam's condition. Thankfully his friend Kyle (Seth Rogen) sees Rachel as she kisses another man. He later tells everything to Adam who has no other choice but to dump Rachel.

The way that this movie was filmed almost felt like a documentary. It was very dark at times and there were no flashy colors.

Despite the occasional jokes, I wouldn't call this movie a comedy. It's more of a drama that's pretty realistic.

If you want to learn what it's like to go through cancer, then go see this movie.

I give it 7.5/10

1 comment:

  1. I think the happy ending is what the director wishes but maybe can not be true.

    ReplyDelete