Thursday, November 17, 2011

Rihanna Talk That Talk Review

Rihanna Talk That Talk Review
Rihanna Talk That Talk Review

If there's one thing that can be said about this girl is that she's business savvy. This is her 6th album in six years, and she's collecting hits faster than most artists have gotten throughout their long careers. I was lucky enough to grab a copy of her album Talk That Talk and I thought I would review it for you. This album is a mix of her Rated R album and Loud. The normal edition features 11 tracks and the deluxe features 14 tracks. I've said it in the past, Rihanna likes to use samples from other songs, and eventually it'll get her in trouble. For example, for her song "Drunk On Love", she uses the integrity of the  song "Intro" from the band The XX. I don't think the guys from The XX will be happy to hear that...

Here's proof:
Here's Rihanna's song "Drunk On Love": proof
and here's The XX song "Intro": proof

But besides plagiarism, is the album any good? Well, it's far from a perfect album. There are good songs, such as the radio hit "We Found Love", the soon-to-be-hit "Talk That Talk ft. Jay-Z", the acoustic guitar driven song "We All Want Love" and "You Da One".

For the songs mentioned above I'm giving this album a 6.5/10. I would have given higher, but her song Drunk On Love which copied The XX dropped the note.

No comments:

Post a Comment