Thursday, October 13, 2011

I Am X - Kiss + Swallow Review

I Am X Kiss And Swallow Review
I Am X - Kiss + Swallow Review

If you've been following the trip-hop scene, then you probably know of the band Sneakerpimps. The front man of I Am X (Chris Corner) is a former member of Sneakerpimps. Ever since the split from Kelli Ali (former vocalist for the Pimps), the Sneakerpimps never really had as much punch as they once did. When Kelli was asked to leave after their album in 1996, Chris Corner took over on vocals. But fans liked Kelli better on vocal and so began their downward spiral.

When Sneakerpimps asked Chris Corner to leave as well, he decided to form his own band called I Am X.

This review is about his first album called "Kiss + Swallow". This album takes a lot of elements from the 80's. It has electro beats, samples and Chris likes to mess around with his voice. Supposedly a lot of songs on this album were actually meant as tracks for Sneakerpimps, but Chris made them his own. I Am X is probably more known in Europe because if you try to purchase this album here, you might have to import it.

This album is not for everyone. Chris's voice sometimes is very high and I would recommend checking out Sneakerpimps albums (Splinter and Bloodsport) beforehand.

Songs worth listening to are "Simple Girl", "Kiss And Swallow", "Your Joy Is My Low" and "Missile".

I give this album a 7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment